Rochester is a city situated at the very heart of Upstate New York. While it is still growing and expanding, Rochester has managed to retain its old soul. The perfect mix of history and modernism makes it a great place to visit in New York State.
Let’s take a look at what you can do in Rochester in one day.
1. Start your day with a delicious Rochester treat
The city has a rich history in the food industry; it boasts some of the best and unique tastes you can find anywhere. The first stop on your 24-hour journey to Rochester should be at Dandy’s, which is an iconic Rochester treat.
2. Head to Public Market House once you’ve had your delicious doughnuts
The Rochester Public Market House is one of America’s oldest public market houses that still functions. In its early days, it served as a site for distributing food across New York State.
3. Next, you have to check out the Memorial Art Gallery.
The museum houses a wide array of paintings, sculptures, and other forms of art from various eras and cultures, including a significant collection by Rembrandt.
4. If you’re a book lover, then you have to visit the University of Rochester’s Rush Rhees Library.
The library was designed by a famous American architect Philip Johnson and opened in 1930. The exterior of the building is pretty simple, but it has a fantastic reading room that is widely considered one of the most beautiful places in Rochester.
5. Get a taste of Rochester’s Chinese cuisine at this restaurant.
Known for its great food and equally excellent service, Red Wok has been around since 1958 and is still going strong.
6. Head to the first floor of this mall, and you will be amazed by what you see.
The first floor of the Eastview Mall is dedicated entirely to LEGO.
7. Stroll through this park for five minutes to immerse yourself in nature
Cobbs Hill Park is one of the most popular parks in Rochester, right next to the University of Rochester, so it usually gets pretty crowded during peak hours.
Whether you have 24 hours or just five minutes while passing through town on your way North or South – there are plenty of things for visitors to do in Rochester.