Sciatica can reduce quality of life for patients in Rochester and Webster. If you have sciatica, our chiropractor at O’Dell Family Chiropractic can help. We’re happy to help our patients understand the cause of their pain and teach our patients how to manage their symptoms. This helps our patients live more satisfying, comfortable lives.
Symptoms and Causes of Sciatica
Sciatica is a condition that occurs when the lower part of the spine pinches the spinal cord. This causes symptoms such as:
- Pain in the upper leg and lower portion of the backOften this pain radiates outward from a central point in the middle lower part of the back.
- Tingling and numbnessPatients may feel tinging or numbness in the lower part of the back and upper part of the leg.
These symptoms may vary depending on the type of activity the patient engages in.
Holistic Pain Management of Sciatica
Chiropractic methods can help patients with sciatica manage their condition. At O’Dell Family Chiropractic, we offer holistic pain management of Sciatica by performing the following chiropractic techniques on our patients suffering from sciatica for:
- Spinal adjustmentSpinal adjustment is a technique that we use to realign the vertebrae of the spine. This can help reduce pressure on the spinal cord, and reduce patient pain.
- Stretches and exercisesWe teach patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can help them reduce their pain. These stretches and exercises can be done at home, so patients can manage their pain at times when they aren’t able to come in to the clinic.
- Lifestyle adviceWe help our patients learn how to reduce their symptoms by making small changes to their habits and behaviors.
Our Rochester and Webster Chiropractor Can Help
We know that sciatica can reduce our patient’s quality of life; that’s why we strive to provide the best chiropractic care for patients in Rochester and Webster. To find out more about how we can help you, or to make an appointment, contact us at 585-672-9406.