Car accidents can be emotionally, financially, and physically challenging experiences. If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s likely that you’re dealing with some kind of injury as a result. Many times, a person who has been in a car accident may not even have pain until a few days or weeks after the accident. This is because the spike in the hormone adrenaline which occurs during trauma has a numbing effect on pain, and it can take some time before the adrenaline subsides.
What is Chiropractic Care, and how can it help following a car accident?
A chiropractor assesses, treats, and heals the human body after injury by using natural and drug-free treatments and methods. Chiropractors can also prevent chronic issues from developing. This is why receiving chiropractic care as soon as possible after a car accident is crucial. Here are 5 specific things a chiropractor can do to help manage your car accident injury:
1. Resolve Pain. Pain involves both the musculoskeletal and nervous system. Chiropractors use manual therapy techniques to address both systems in order to reduce or eliminate post-accident pain.
2. Heal Injured Tissues. Chiropractic care offers a variety of tissue-healing modalities, including massage and TENS therapy, to treat damaged ligaments, muscles, and joints.
3. Treat and Resolve Post-Accident Symptoms. In addition to pain, other post-accident symptoms treated by chiropractors include headaches, blurred vision, numbness, and dizziness.
4. Restore Your Body’s Natural Alignment and Motion. Stiffness and limited range of motion–especially in the neck–is extremely common after a car accident. A chiropractor uses a combination of mobilization and manipulation techniques to ease stiffness and restore normal motion in affected joints.
5. Modify Workplace Environments. Chiropractors can teach you new ways to arrange your workspace and perform daily tasks in order to improve your body mechanics and reduce pain, stiffness, and dysfunction.
Have you or a loved one recently been in a car accident? Please, contact our staff at O’Dell Family Chiropractic to schedule an appointment at %CLIENT_PHONE% and find out what we can do to help. We have two clinics, one located in Webster, NY, and the other located in Rochester, NY serving the Henrietta and Brighton areas.