If going from a standing to a standing position is an agonizing challenge, you may one of the millions of Americans contending with low back pain. This condition can keep you out of work or off your feet altogether. But don’t assume that only surgery will relieve your suffering — because here at O’Dell Family Chiropractic, we can correct the underlying causes of your pain non-surgically and without drugs. Low back pain can have many causes; in fact, your pain may stem from more than one problem.
Our Chiropractors in Rochester & Webster See These Common Causes of Lower Back Pain:
- Auto accidents – An auto accident can transfer a large amount of force to the body that makes it twist or flex at the waist, straining the muscles and connective tissues of the lower back. You may also suffer lower vertebral misalignment and herniated lumbar discs, a common cause of sciatica pain.
- Sports injuries – Acute sports injuries such as a hard tackle can produce back problems similar to those sustained in auto injuries. Sports that require frequent twisting of the trunk can injure the large muscle groups that support the lower back.
- Heavy lifting – Heavy lifting is yet another way you can injure your back, especially you fail to lift from the legs and recruit the necessary assistance. The resulting injuries may include muscle strain and sprained (overstretched) ligaments.
- Poor workplace ergonomics – If your work area is laid out so that you’re constantly twisting, stretching and stooping to access materials, you may be stressing your lumbar joints and tissues. An incorrect seat or desk height may be adding to your pain.
- Degenerative spinal conditions – Low back pain may associated with a chronic spinal problem such as degenerative disc disease, in which dehydrated lumbar discs lose height and bulge outward, pulling on the spinal joints in a manner that can lead to arthritis. The flattened disc may eventually herniate.
- Alignment errors – Chronic low back pain may be due to unbalanced posture. If your spine is out of alignment, the resulting postural problems may make you prone to muscular strain and sciatica.
Non-Surgical Pain Relief from Our Rochester and Webster Chiropractors
Our Rochester and Webster chiropractor, Dr. O’Dell, evaluates not only the precise cause of your immediate pain symptoms but also the entire musculoskeletal alignment and biomechanical state of your body. Our Chiropractic Biophysics (CBP) Technique employs a protocol of x-ray diagnostics and multiple healing modalities to help your spine find its correct alignment, relieving joint stress and soft tissue strain. We may also prescribe spinal decompression to treat disc problems and relieve nerve impingement, massage therapy to soothe and rehabilitate aching muscles, lifestyle/ergonomic adjustments to help prevent injury and corrective exercises to provide your lower back with greater strength and flexibility.
Call O’Dell Family Chiropractic Today
O’Dell Family Chiropractic wants to help you banish your back pain. To schedule an evaluation all us today at 585-671-9210 for our Webster location or 585-671-9210 to reach the Rochester location!