Auto accidents are all too common these days, and even slight fender-benders can cause long-term physical problems, such as whiplash. Whiplash is one of the most common auto accident injuries, but it is often misdiagnosed and may not receive proper treatment. After a car crash, even a minor one, see your Rochester area chiropractor for an exam. Even if you have no symptoms or only minor pain, whiplash may still be present.
Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash often has no apparent symptoms, but you may experience some or all of the following:
- Sore neck, which worsens when turning your neck
- Neck or back stiffness, with limited range of motion
- Blurry vision
- Ear ringing
- Trouble sleeping
Feeling Fine After A Car Accident In Rochester? Get A Chiropractic Exam To Be Sure
Even if you feel ok right after an auto accident, symptoms of a hidden injury may appear later on. Getting an expert chiropractic exam is crucial to ensure any injury from a car crash, even a currently silent one, is found. Early diagnosis and targeted treatment can reduce future complications from a whiplash injury. Our chiropractors are experts in treating auto accident patients and our goal is to eliminate the root cause of your pain.
If pain or other whiplash symptoms turn up weeks later, they may still be related to your car accident. See your chiropractor to get proper diagnosis and effective treatment. Chiropractic treatment may include a personalized combination of:
- Cervical spinal adjustments to relieve nerve compression from the neck injury caused by your accident, and alleviate your pain.
- Corrective exercises to improve your range of motion and rebuild strength in supporting muscles.
- Massage to relax muscles and prevent spasm.
- Physical therapy to enhance flexibility and coordination.
- And more.
Chiropractic care is the best option after a car accident, since it provides natural pain relief without drugs. If you have been in a car accident, now is the time to schedule an exam with one of our experienced chiropractors at O’Dell Family Chiropractic. We serve Webster, Rochester and surrounding NY areas. Call us today!